Blogger Templates

Sunday, January 22, 2012

1 day before CNY


All packed up & ready to balik kampung!
Slept like a dead fish all the way there listening to my headphones.
Thats my lil bro with his fav bolster ^^

We're finally here! after 2.30hours of ride... Which i felt like its only 30min ^^
My Cousins ^^
Brother got there and immediately started playing with my cousins.
I talked to my grannies and played with my grandpa's new phone! =)

A day before CNY dinner with my relatives ^^
So delicious! haven't been eating such luxurious/rich dinner =)


AS usual, we had the Lou Sang or some people call it the Yee sang.
Which means=

Yusheng, yee sang or yuu sahng (Chinese: 鱼生; pinyin: yúshēng; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: hî-seⁿ or hû-siⁿ), or Prosperity Toss, also known as lo hei (Cantonese for 撈起 or 捞起) is a Teochew-style raw fish salad. It usually consists of strips of raw fish (most commonly salmon), mixed with shredded vegetables and a variety of sauces and condiments, among other ingredients. Yusheng literally means "raw fish" but since "fish (鱼)" is commonly conflated with itshomophone"abundance (余)", Yúshēng (鱼生) is interpreted as a homophone for Yúshēng (余升) meaning an increase in abundance. Therefore, yusheng is considered a symbol of abundance, prosperity and vigor.

While versions of it are thought to have existed in China, the contemporary version is created and popularised[citation needed] in the 1960s amongst the ethnic Chinese community and its consumption has been associated with Chinese New Year festivities in Singapore and some parts of Malaysia. In Singapore, government, community and business leaders often take the lead in serving the dish as part of official functions during the festive period or in private celebrity dinners. - wikipedia



Woots! sry! forgotten to turn off the flash.
This is my lil cousin. She follows everything i do!
before we left home, she insisted on having the same hairstyle as me.
Her hair is very thick and wavy, i tot she looked better with her hair tied up but i prefer myself in a damy. But her hair was all over her face when she eat. so i tied up my hair and did hers for her too =)
Oh and she wore a dress, just like me ^^

My lil bro and the lil girl's elder bro ^^
They talked about game all day long! haha... whereas me and the girl talked about hairdos , dresses and ponies =)

Done eating! tummy filled, again, i felt like sleeping =(
Neway, my lil girl cousin got this smurf from her aunt as a Christmas present.
Very hug-able ^^


Oh, and its my aunt's birthday!
My two lil cousin's mummy.
My uncle had to curi-curi buy her birthday cake.
My cousin even played "happy birthday" on piano for her!
So cute =)


Time for bed! Bedtime hug!
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment